Thursday, August 2, 2012

{post 1}


There it was, plain as day, leaving no room for second guessing or even outright denial. Two pink lines, filled with life and all that that implies. My immediate reaction was disbelief, followed by panic and (admittedly) a long string of expletives. I wish that I had a different story for you. That I could tell you that this was planned, expected, hoped for. I wish that I could tell you that I was overcome with joy and immediately filled with a greater purpose in life. But, in reality, I spent the next 10 minutes jumping up and down chanting “get out, get out”, as if I were performing an exorcism.
Ten days later, sitting in stirrups in the office of a German gynecologist, I saw a life growing within me. A small life, the size of a blueberry with a faint but visible heartbeat, and that changed everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment